Saturday, February 19, 2011

Man Hating phase Step 1.

Lesson One: Always take advice from your big sister... they have been there and done that.

See I told ya'll I would be over this crush in no time flat. All it takes a bit of bruising to the old ego to cut me loose.

According to my very wise older  sister Melita, I need to have a man hating phase. A true man hating phase one where I completely abstain from men, no thinking about them and especially no dating them. My sister always gives the best advice especially when I have been wronged by the opposite sex. She is quick with the insults against the offending person and generous with the compliments, love and advice for her clueless baby sister.

I am in my prime I have amazing friends, an active social life, my calling in my church and job that gives me a never ending supply of stories albeit good or bad. I am almost 25 and no have idea what I want to do with my life or which road to take from this point and I am surprisingly OK with that. I need to focus on the positives in my life and just take time to be me without having to worry about men.

I don't know where this journey will take me and I have a slight fear that I will wake up from this phase and find that I am a 30-something cat lady and have nothing to show for my life except for a dead house plant and blog full of hypocritical advice. So it is up to you dear reader to keep me focused on my goal and not let me slide down what I am sure is a very slippery slope.

No comments:

Post a Comment