Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Family trip

Well another year and another successful family trip to the Frio has come and gone! Oh how I love my loud, funny, slightly crude and loving family! Nothing fills my heart with such joy and contentment as being in the great state of Texas surrounded by the people I love most in this world. I love the 6 hour road trip to the cabin with my Mom, so many life lessons learned, words of wisdom passed on and precious memories made with that wonderful woman. Seeing my brother Beau and still looking up at him like I did when I was 5 and was his ever present shadow. Sharing secrets under the stars with my oldest friend Deseree and my big sister Elsie. Seeing my oldest sister and my closest confidant Melita, with my precious nephew growing in her belly. He will no doubt be the most spoiled child on the face of the planet. Cooking, cleaning and caring for my family (it's my fave)! Closing the chapter in my life of my first unrequited love.( that's a long story) Blue Bell Ice Cream, Whataburger, Taco Cabana, Pluckers and BBQ. Being with my fantastic cousins and aunts and uncle. Growing closer as a family carrying on the tradition of the family trip to the Frio River. My cup runneth over.

my awesome family minus two party poopers who left early.          

No comments:

Post a Comment