Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas

So I realize my posts are a bit out of order... but no one ever accused me of being an organized or orderly person... so there. This year was my first Christmas away from my my family entirely. Last year I managed to go to California to my Aunt and Uncle's for Christmas, but this year my best friend and her family took me in. Let me give a little back story on how my best friend became my best friend.  I have known her husband and his family for a very long time. Me, my siblings, him, his siblings all went to high school together (not at the same time mind you) our Mom's are even best friends. So when I came out to Utah they kind of took me in and me and Krissa have been besties ever since. I love this woman she is awesome! We laugh constantly, talk all the time, and make a great duo in the kitchen! Because of knowing them I have had the blessing of becoming an honorary aunt to their kids Rylee and Nolan. I love those little monsters ever so much and have learned many a valuable lesson from them.... like don't let a toddler who is potty training drink a rootbeer during the movie cause he will likely pee his pants and you will have to leave early...... but I digress. Back on track. Christmas. So they took me in this year and I had a marvelous Christmas we read  from the scriptures, made cookies for Santa opened presents (and wrapped a bazillion presents) and on Christmas morning the house was full of laughter as Rylee, Nolan and their sweet and precious cousins Megan, Connor and Amaya opened their presents. It was a Christmas I will never forget and am thankful I have such wonderful "family" in Utah.

P.S. They also got me a Kindle for Christmas... they are definitely on my A- List. Just kidding. But seriously.

1 comment:

  1. It was great to have you for Christmas, you are always welcome here any day anytime, we love you too. However, you may have to get Nolan a smoothie :)

    ReplyDelete