Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Open Mic Night

Tonight my friend James sang at an open mic night at this place called Velour down here in Provo. He did awesome.. I knew he was a man of many talents but I didn't know that singing was one of them! I have only been to a couple of  open mic nights before and I should do it more often, there is something about the ambiance and the atmosphere. You are nervous and excited for the first timers on stage, love seeing repeat artists who bring forth an array of emotions  humor, sadness, love, fear, loneliness and happiness. I loved being there tonight surrounded by kids my age who have a love of life and there to support everyone friend or stranger. It was truly an amazing experience..... I never knew I could have such strong feelings about an open mic but there is something so raw and enigmatic about it. If you have never been to one I suggest that you put it on your to do list.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you are too kind. Don't flatter me, it will go to my head.

    ReplyDelete