Saturday, October 16, 2010

The pasta.....

Ok so here are a few things to know and remember when it comes to making homemade pasta.

1. Know that failure is a definite possibility
2. Remember that when making a well in your flour and pouring in the eggs, the eggs are slimy business and have a mind of their own and will spill out over the flour and onto your kitchen floor.
3. Know that if the dough is to stiff addding a little olive oil does absolutely nothing but moisturize your hands.
4. Remember to NOT use Mario Batallis recipe... he is a crack pot.... (probably not but my failure is obviously not my fault and I must blame it on someone.)
5. Know the quickest route to the nearest grocery store, so you can be the pasta incase your results are similar to mine.

This is what I wanted to happen 
 The before

Me losing faith in the pasta.
What actually happened.

Just so everyone knows, I very rarely have a failure in the kitchen so this has been a VERY humbling experience. I came, I saw and I was defeated by 3 cups of flour and 4 eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment